[foxboro] I have an idea for a break out session at the next Invensys Users Meeting

  • From: "Balmer, Robert D." <Robert_Balmer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Foxboro DCS Mail List <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 17:03:52 +0000

I would dearly love to see a new breakout session at the next users meeting.
Perhaps called "Why Invensys doesn't have Parts to Sell You".
Some of the simplest items have weeks for delivery times. Go to buyautomation
and two weeks is the absolute best delivery time I have seen. Now I know some
of these items are purchased from vendors and a Invensys tag stuck on them.
Must take that long to put the tag on them.
I needed some pluggable transceivers for an I Series and C Series switches. The
short story on this is Invensys, a multimillion dollar company, doesn't carry
even a small stock for a customer in trouble.
Don't even get me started on why I was in trouble, ok it was the defaults in
the Invensys quotation tool. The last time it was some TA's.
A customer has to always know what they really need before ordering, and that
is hard for the first project out the gate. But oh boy do you learn and learn
fast for new Invensys systems.
How about other users, would you like a breakout session on parts and pieces?
Regards
Bob Balmer
Somewhere in the Corn fields of Iowa