[foxboro] Foxapi question

  • From: Neil Martin <neil_martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:38:30 -0600

Alex,

In the past to maintain efficiency on the DCS, we have needed to pay
attention to how we group ASPEN IP 21 or PI tags in lists - i.e. group the
lists by CPs/Gateways.  In fact before my time here at this plant, the
ASPEN configuration was not handled properly and they greatly loaded down
the DCS system.  Someone just mentioned that with Foxapi 4.3.1 these issues
go away and we don't need to worry about how we group tags.  Is this true?

On another note, concerning the interface of Aspen IP 21 to Foxboro DCS,
are there any recommended DCS/Foxapi settings or other guidelines that we
should be aware of for DCS performance efficiency?  We currently use V6.5.X
and V7.1 AW51s for interface to IP21 and also for DMC Bridge.

Neil Martin,    P.E.
Huntsman Polymers Corporation
2505 South Grandview
Odessa, TX.  79766