[foxboro] FDSI gateway differences again

  • From: David Johnson <drjohn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 09:01:14 -0500

Hello all,

Does anyone know a way to get the FDSI to allow two blocks to read
and/or write to the same point through the FDSI.  It was possible to
do this on the gateways/integrators.  There are instances where this
behavior is useful, and was used in an integrator we are
modifying.  The only way to duplicate the previous functionality will
involve getting GE to re-write their Modbus interface.  (Which might
be a little pricier than our Gateway conversion.)  If anyone has a
secret way to allow this "error" to be replicated in the FDSIs, let me know.

Thanks,
David