[foxboro] Environment Passwords for Display Manager and FoxView

  • From: "Jeremy Milum" <jmilum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:15:00 -0500

The environment passwords for both Display Manager and FoxView (at
least for version I/A v.7 and below) are stored using a simple
substitution cipher in the /usr/fox/wp/data/dmpasswd_cfg file. I
created a perl script to decipher the password strings in this file. I
often forget the Env passwords that I do not use myself, but sometimes
need to access them anyway, so this helps me out.

If anyone would like a copy, shoot me an email off list. I don't
really want to post the script on the website. You have to have Perl
installed (all v.7 sun boxes have this by default), but it would be
simple for someone to recode it as a shell script if perl is not
installed.