[foxboro] Change delta/peer-to-peer questions

  • From: Corey R Clingo <clingoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 17:29:58 -0500

Hello all,

I have a couple of questions about change deltas and peer-to-peer
connections that maybe some of you who can draw a CP's PCB from memory can
help me with :)

It seems that all the I/A points have some kind of DELTIx and DELTOx
parameters.  The documentation is not completely consistent about these,
but I've made a few assumptions based on the majority of the documentation
and, in some cases, some experimentation.

DELTIx: change delta in % of range.  Only used with peer-to-peer
connections: not applicable in intra-CP links.
DELTOx: Not currently used.

Are these correct?

Also, let's say I have multiple connections from different blocks (or maybe
the same block, but this would not often be the case) in CP1 to a single
C:B:P in CP2.  Will CP1 optimize these and make only one connection to CP1,
from which it distributes the value to all the destination points it
contains?  Or will it make one connection for each link?  If CP1 does
optimize, will it still do so if the blocks are in different compounds, or
process at different periods/phases?

As a final note, we did a 6.2.1 to 6.3 upgrade recently, and so I took a
look at the 6.3 docs.  I appreciate the PDF format, as it is much easier to
print out (yes, I still like books).  I looked at the docs for the PIDA
block specifically, and noticed that it finally includes a full block
diagram, algorithm equations and a few examples of how to use it.
Outstanding!  I criticize Invensys a lot, and I feel documentation is one
of their weak spots, so I want to compliment them on this effort, and hope
to see more in the future.  Thanks, guys (and gals)!

Corey Clingo
Sr. Engineer
BASF Corp.