[foxboro] CP60 Sizing

  • From: Donato Azevedo <donatoaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:50:07 -0300

Gentlemen,

I am proposing a migration to a Preferred platform of I/A. We
currently have I/A 7.1.1 with CP60 controllers. I would like to base
my proposal on two arguments:

1) Processor idle time is 30% and there are possible additions on the
way. Are there recommendations as to how little idle time is too
little?

2) We currently use A-B Stations to communicate with a series of
PLC-5/40E (Allen Bradley) and those are deprecated (no longer
supported by foxboro). I have found the lifecycle document that
supports this argument.

Are there any documents that support the first argument? Is it even a
valid one? Are there any other considerations I should make?

Cheers!
--
Donato Azevedo