[foxboro] AW51E backup restoration on mirrored HDD

  • From: "waseem ghani" <waseemghani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:42:58 +0500

Dear All
We have AW51E with 2 external HDD of 18.2GB each. We took "BACKUP" from the
in-service AW station on a tape and trying to restore it on a spare AW51E
with 2 external HDD of 18.2GB each. We followed the procedure vailable in
Invensys document no. B0193ND- REVK page 54 ( Procedure to Restore entire
AP/AW Disk). We have checked the HDD SCSI addresing, SCSI PCI card in slot 4
and SCSI cabling configuration etc and found everything OK.
We started the restoration procedure. After the completion of /root and /usr
directories,we recieved the following message and the restoration process
was terminated:
"Creating the /opt file system
/dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s7:No such device
mount:/dev/dsk/c1t0d0s7 no such device
lost+found : No such file or directory
Warning messages continue---------------------------------------

fopen: Read only file system
cannot create save file / restore symtable for
symbole table
abort? [yn]"

Your valued advice is highly desired and appreciated.
Thanks & regards

Waseem