[foxboro] AOR Card Swicth-over Time

  • From: waseem ghani <waseemghani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 18:04:50 +0500

List!
We are facing problem with our AOR(Analog Output Redundant) Card swicth-over
behavior on one of our DCS. Whenever the control swicthes over from primary
AO card to the secondary due to any reason, all of the final control
elements (Control Valve Positioners ECKARDT SRD991) connected to this card
go to the failsafe state. It seems that the DC current signal (4 to 20mA)
falls below 3.6mA for some time which resets the positioners i-e the AOR
swicth-over is not bumpless.
If anybody experienced similar problem elsewhere please share your findings
and the remdial options we have.
Thanks & regards
Waseem