[forthepoor] Re: NOVEMBER 24TH THE POOR MAN'S EVENING PORTION

  • From: mike mcinnis <ratmotor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 20:52:57 -0500

Greetings sis Reis, et al;

   The LORD came into the world with one purpose in mind which was to magnify the glory of the grace of GOD in redeeming HIS elect bride.  Nothing could or did deter HIM from the accomplishment of that purpose.  HE spoke with the resolve of a true CHAMPION when HE told HIS disciples that HE would undergo this "baptism" of suffering.  Yet HE did not shrink back from it but rather was desirous of seeing it through for the /"joy that was set before HIM/."  HE is indeed a great and mighty SAVIOR.  "/Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? _I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. _Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat? I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment. For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come. And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: _therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me_." (Isa 63:1-/5)

Blessings, mike

On 11/23/2022 2:08 PM, Soraya Reis wrote:

*"But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!" Luke 12:50 *

*My soul, look at Jesus under his straitenings, and thou wilt find it the best support and encouragement under thine. He had in view, when he thus expressed himself, the water-spouts, and the billows of divine wrath against sin, which, as the sinner's. surety, were to be poured upon him. Jesus calls it a baptism. I cannot sufficiently admire the word, because it is my Lord's, and because it is so applicable. Afflictions, then, are baptisms to his people, when commissioned by his grace, and when blessed by his Holy Spirit. Never lose sight of them, my soul, in this view; they will be always sacred: and from the straitenings of Jesus, until his were accomplished, do thou at all times. fetch relief and encouragement under thine. He that felt straitening for himself, well knew how to enlarge thine heart: and he that knew the baptism he had to go through, knows, and hath laid in all proper enlargements and support for thine. One look at Jesus in the priestly vestment which he still wears, will give more comfort to thine heart under all straitenings, be they what they may, than all thine own laboured attempts; that without an eye to Jesus, thou canst set up: and surely, He, who in the days of his flesh felt straitenings, will not forget thine. Lord! bring my poor soul under the continual baptisms of thy Spirit.*