[folks] Re: October Presentation

  • From: Beth Carpenter <bcarpent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: folks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 11:13:37 -0500

Hello FOLKS,

Here's what I think:
  1. I think it would be nice to consult our presenter before arranging to have our ghosts as greeters. Some people who study the paranormal consider it "serious business" and a science, and I wouldn't want to offend him if he thought that kind of thing wasn't appropriate for his presentation. I doubt that it will be a problem, but I think it would be nice to ask him. I talked to Kathy and Steve at the library this morning, and they will check with him.
  2. I think it depends on how much time you want to take up at the beginning of the program. I don't think we'd want it playing when people were just coming in the door, as it gives the expectation to sit down, be quiet and watch something, rather than welcoming and allowing people to chat. If we want to play something as a way to tell people we'll be starting now, I think that would be fine, if it's short. I can have a laptop, projector and screen in the room, and we should be able to access the library's wifi (fingers crossed) - I'll test it out, and if it doesn't work, maybe I could download a video ahead of time.
My 2 cents FWIW.  :-)
Beth

shermes2@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Two things:

1.

We were thinking of having two or three greeters dressed as ghosts (in sheets) who would show attendees the way by silently pointing the way to the room.

One outside, one by the door and one in the hallway.

What do you think?  Any volunteers?

2. We have asked both Kimberly and Little Chute High School about performing the "ghostbusters" song to open the evening, but neither seem to be able to do it.

   What do all of you think about playing the actual "ghostbusters" video?  If we want to do that, Beth, do we have the equipment to play a video from the internet (U-Tube)?

Kathy and Steve

--
Beth Carpenter, Director
Kimberly-Little Chute Public Library

James J. Siebers Memorial Library (Kimberly)
515 W. Kimberly Avenue
Kimberly, WI 54136
920.788.7515 Phone
920.788.7516 FAX

Gerard H. Van Hoof Library (Little Chute)
625 Grand Avenue
Little Chute, WI 54140
920.788.7825 Phone
920.788.7827 FAX