[folks] Re: Brochures for this Thursday

  • From: Beth Carpenter <bcarpent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: folks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:09:58 -0500

Hi Kate,

I agree with Kathy & Steve's suggestion to replace the 3rd Thursday line under "continue to" to say something like "support special events, such as author visits, movies, and other programs"

I would also like to suggest some tweaks to the paragraph under "Why does our library need FOLKs like us?" (which is a very clever heading, by the way!) - I'm wondering if it might sound a little more positive to say something like, "The Library receives funding through the Villages of Kimberly and Little Chute, however, the needs of both communities are numerous, as are the ages, backgrounds, and interests of the people served. Materials come in a greater variety of formats, and it is challenging to keep up with technology shifts. This is where FOLKs comes in. By sponsoring additional programs and services and providing funding for special projects not supported by the Library's general budget, we support our Library's position as the heart of the community. The Library is a vital part of our community, ans we desire to foster its improvement and success."

This is just a suggestion - I'm just trying to avoid phrases like "not considered" and "tax revenue." Call me paranoid!

Thanks so much, Kate, for working on this. If you'd still like me to have brochures and bookmarks designed and printed for FOLKS by OWLS, I am happy to do so. All the information is pulled together now, and I could send it on to Bradd if you're interested.

Thanks again,
Beth

shermes2@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Kate,

We like the idea of having new members circle the type of membership that they want, eliminating the need to write it out.

Also in the Membership Options area, add the word "be" so that it reads "dues may be left...."

Under FOLKs continue to:  We suggest changing the wording to "Support learning events..." Now that Beth is planning on having monthly programs, I believe they won't all be geared toward adults.

Thanks for putting the new brochure together.

Kathy & Steve

--
Beth Carpenter, Director
Kimberly-Little Chute Public Library

James J. Siebers Memorial Library (Kimberly)
515 W. Kimberly Avenue
Kimberly, WI 54136
920.788.7515 Phone
920.788.7516 FAX

Gerard H. Van Hoof Library (Little Chute)
625 Grand Avenue
Little Chute, WI 54140
920.788.7825 Phone
920.788.7827 FAX