[flos-freeware] New Release: Notepad2 Version 4.1.24

  • From: Florian Balmer <florian.balmer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: flos-freeware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 11:31:39 +0100

Dear subscribers of this newsletter,

Notepad2 version 4.1.24 has been released.

Compared to the preliminary "Release Candidate" versions, there's only
a few minor changes.

There's a new option (accessible through the "Tab Settings" dialog) to
specify whether the tab key should reformat indenting whitespace
(according to the current indentation settings), or just insert a tab
character (or the corresponding amount of spaces, depending on the
selected preferences), if the cursor is placed inside indenting
whitespace. It's always possible to insert a tab character by pressing
Ctrl+Tab.

Pathnames are stored relative to My Documents to enhance USB stick
portability between Windows XP and newer versions of Windows. This
affects MRU lists as well as the "Favorites" and "Open with..."
directories, and can be disabled in the ini-file.

The cursor visibility patch originally submitted by Kai Liu has been
rewritten to be more general, and ensure a minimum contrast between
the cursor color and the background color.

  http://www.flos-freeware.ch/notepad2.html

There's also an update for metapath, my file browser plugin. The
operating system-independent handling of the My Documents location has
also been enabled for metapath, and a bug to keep visited directories
locked has been fixed.

  http://www.flos-freeware.ch/archive.html

Best wishes,
--flo