[flantifracking] Re: quick update on resolutions - August 4 is important

  • From: "Kim Ross" <kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <flantifracking@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 13:18:22 -0400

All - I stand corrected on two matters:

First, Monticello is at 7pm on Tuesday, not 6pm as stated below

Second, Fernandina Beach is in Nassau County

Finally, this is a message received from Michelle Gale (drmgale@xxxxxxx
<mailto:drmgale@xxxxxxx> ) which didn't go through for some reason:

Hi All:

Last night the city of Coconut Creek unanimously passed a resolution opposed
to Kanter Real Estate's drilling for oil in Broward's Everglades. Section 2
of the resolution was what Matt Schwartz calls a power punch: "That it
hereby publicly expresses its vehement opposition to the exploratory oil
drilling operations sought by Kanter Real Estate LLC in the area
approximately six miles west of the City of Miramar city limits, and urges
Broward County and all municipalities in Broward County to consider similar
legislation opposing the efforts of Kanter."

You plant seeds, you never know what's gonna come of it.

That and Amy's calculation that 29% of Floridians now live in cities or
counties that have gone on record as being opposed to fracking in Florida
should get us through the weekend.

Cheers, Michelle Gale

P.S. I'm looking for people in and around Okeechobee County to help a
fracktivist there who rather desperately needs reinforcements. Please let me
know ASAP if you can help.