[flantifracking] Josh Fox Call for Floridians Against Fracking & the Public next Tuesday, 7pm!

  • From: "Kim Ross" <kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <flantifracking@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 13:51:15 -0400

Hi! Please be sure to pass the word on to your groups and friends across the
state of Florida!

Next Tuesday, 7pm: Public Call with Floridians Against Fracking and Josh
Fox, director of Gasland!

Call-in: 866 906 7447. The participant code is 573 53 07#

Join us on our first public call with fractivist and Movie Director Josh
Fox! Director of Gasland, he helped with the bans in New York and Maryland.
GASLAND, which Josh wrote, directed and shot, premiered at the Sundance film
festival 2010, where it was awarded the 2010 Special Jury Prize for
Documentary. The film was nominated for the Academy Award for best
documentary, nominated for four Emmys including best documentary, best
writing and best cinematography, and awarded the EMMY for best directing.
GASLAND was nominated for best Documentary Screenplay by the WGA, and also
awarded the Environmental Media Association Award for best documentary. As a
result of Josh's activism and campaigning on the issue of gas drilling Josh
was awarded the 2010 Lennon Ono Grant for Peace by Yoko Ono.

Let's get inspired by his actions and hear some concrete advice on how we
can win the battle here in Florida!

Be sure to pass the word on!

Also, if you haven't yet, please sign on to Floridians Against Fracking's
Coalition. Groups and Individuals can sign on at this link:
http://goo.gl/forms/pFF7tGxdsX

For your reference, the sign-on form is here
(http://rethinkenergyflorida.org/images/pdf/faf_commitment_form.pdf), but
essentially the tenets you are agreeing to are:

1) Fracking is inherently unsafe.

2) We define fracking as including the processes and treatments associated
with hydraulic fracturing, acid fracking, acidization, and well stimulation
for the purpose of oil and gas exploration and production.

3) Fracking cannot be safely regulated.

4) Therefore, we support a ban on fracking in Florida.

5) In order to win a ban on fracking n Florida we need an engaged citizenry
that is aware of these facts and actively working for the ban.