[first_defenders]

  • From: "Jason Brett-Williams" <StormHawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <first_defenders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 00:40:21 -0230

Three pregnant women are sitting in a cafe having lunch, when one of them says,
"I know that I'm going to have a boy."
The other two women think about that for a moment, and then one of them says,
"OK, how do you know you're going to have a boy?"
"Well, when the child was conceived," says the first women, "I was on top. So
I'm going to have a boy."
They sit and eat for a few minutes more, and then the second woman says, "Well,
I'm going to have a girl."
"OK," says the first one, "how do you know you're going to have a girl?"
"Well, when my child was conceived, I was on the bottom. So I'm going to have a
girl."
They sit and eat for a few minutes more, the third woman obviously getting more
and more distressed, until finally she breaks down into horrible sobbing?
"What's wrong, what's wrong?" the first two women ask with concern.
The third woman manages to stifle her sobs long enough to only say one thing,
"I'm going to have a puppy!"

Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of
man.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Edmund Burke

Never despair; but if you do, work on in despair.
Edmund Burke

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.
And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Friedrich Nietzsche

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently.
Friedrich Nietzsche