[first_defenders] Re: Epic hunts and May schedule

  • From: "Craig McCuistian" <mccuis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <first_defenders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 07:15:17 -0500

Oblagon and I both are going to need a good many shards.. I understand it
requires 4 apiece.  He is further along on his epic than I am so, perhaps he
should get first dibs on the ones that will drop there.  I don't think that
should have to be scheduled though, Skyfire should be able to be handled by
pickup groups.  Any of the full groups that have been assembling in Dulak
should be able to hunt Skyfire for shards.

This will likely be an ongoing camp for a while.  I understand that a good
group, EXP grinding there can expect about 1 shard to drop every 6 hours, on
average.. so that means we need to expect to spend at least 48 game hours
camping there to be able to get enough shards to spawn Ragefire twice to get
the two epics.  Since our average hunts last about 3-4 hours, I easily
forsee spending a month or more hunting there every chance we get just to
get the shards.  The upside is that that zone drops many of the spells that
we need in our higher levels.  I know that I personally have 5 spells that I
am missing, and another 3 for next level.  Many of those drop in this zone.
I'm sure many if not most other FD are in a similar situation.  The only
decent item that drops in the zone that I think we would be intereted in is
a Dragon Hero Bracer http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=889.
The zone also gives decent EXP up through lvl 60.