[fhs-65] Re: Market pricing is generally a good thing.

  • From: Steve <sfgrob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fhs-65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 13:21:59 -0500

Indeed it is.  But it is unfortunate that so many corporations abuse this so often now.  There just is so little integrity left in business theses days.  The motto "Greed is good" is alive and well.

Steve

On 03/04/2022 13:02, dpolhill (dpolhill) wrote:
Market pricing is generally a good thing.  A good mechanism for flattening demand.  I'm still in shock over the Colorado-idiots who waited in line for 12 hours for an in & out burger ... a very high price to pay for the privilege of saying, "i was there on the day they opened."  still ... their choice, so OK.  just not for me ... world's foremost cheapskate.
DP
In a message dated 3/3/2022 8:35:40 PM Mountain Standard Time, dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Holy sh*t! Haven't been to a movie theater in years ... I had NO idea! Donna       Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone     -------- Original message -------- From: Steve <sfgrob@xxxxxxxxxxx> Date: 3/3/22 5:57 PM (GMT-05:00) To: FHS-65 <FHS-65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [fhs-65] ≈$40   I just watched a bit on the evening news about the new Batman movie
coming to the AMC theaters.  The story was about how AMC is charging
more for Batman than other movies, playing at the same theaters at the
same time.  If we were both going to this movie, and would both go
together if we went, it would cost us nearly $40.

Does anyone else find this a ridiculously high price for attending a
movie?  The theaters are complaining that people are not coming back to
the theaters - well, DUH!

Steve

To post, send email to FHS-65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and please be sure to sign all your posts and replies.
To post, send email to FHS-65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and please be sure to sign all your posts and replies.