[fhs-65] Re: Elijah Mosher Clock

  • From: Steve <sfgrob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fhs-65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 23:21:19 -0400

That is a real old timer.  You can tell by the fact that the hands are held on by a pin.  Probably dates this prior to 1850.  Looks to be in really great shape.

Do the two pendulums swing in-phase or out-of-phase?  I've never seen a clock like this, but it must be quite interesting.

Steve

On 03/17/2022 21:41, marsha ackerman (marshaackerman) wrote:

This is my old clock. It belonged to my 2x grandfather Elijah Mosher and was on a shelf in the kitchen when my dad was a boy.  It winds up.  The pendulum winds counter clockwise and the striker winds  clockwise.  Or both keys turn To the center.  The striker is loud  and not too pretty but I wind it occasionally to keep it functioning but generally only have the pendulum running.  Occasionally even the tick tock sounds loud.
It had not run for decades but Matt Clark at the tic toc clock shop in Pecatonica can fix any clock.  He got it running.

— Marsha
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Saturday, March 12, 2022, 3:12 PM, Steve <sfgrob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No, mine is all wood with the exception of the feet, the four pillars, and those "handle" like appendages on the side.  Even the parts that look like marble are faux stone painted wood.  The white part of the face that is ceramic on