[fhs-65] $40 movie???

  • From: Karen Hutmacher <karenm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fhs-65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 07:55:04 -0600

To save money going to the movies, I guess you need to drive to Freeport!  We are lucky to have the nice LINDO Theatre here.

*The Lindo Theatre is a fully restored historic 9-screen theatre in Freeport, IL. The theatre features the most up-to-date amenities, including luxury recliner seating in 3 auditoriums, 7.1 surround sound, and 4K digital projection. Plus, enjoy Classic Cinemas' signature free refills on all popcorn, fountain drinks, and ICEEs™.
*
Best of all is the pricing. *

**Matinee (shows before 6 pm.)   $6.00*

         General

 * *Child 2-11 yrs. old: (excludes R-rated movies): $6.00*
 * *Senior 60 and up: $6.00**
   *
 * *General Admission (shows 6 pm & later): $8.00**
   *

         $5 Tuesday

*All-day Tuesday (excludes events): $5.00*

I had heard too about the increased price on the Batman movie (which appears to be 3 hours long) but don't see that noted on the LINDO site, but even at that - $8...

Karen
**

*
*

On 3/3/2022 4:57 PM, Steve wrote:

I just watched a bit on the evening news about the new Batman movie coming to the AMC theaters.  The story was about how AMC is charging more for Batman than other movies, playing at the same theaters at the same time.  If we were both going to this movie, and would both go together if we went, it would cost us nearly $40.

Does anyone else find this a ridiculously high price for attending a movie?  The theaters are complaining that people are not coming back to the theaters - well, DUH!

Steve

To post, send email to FHS-65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and please be sure to sign all your posts and replies.