1. I had not installed ebdev and pyudev using sudo. That was my first
2. Once I did that, I then had to reset the speech driver to generic.
I now have speech on the console.
I see that system d has been updated so I will test what happens when I launch
<fenrir-screenreader-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Linux A11y
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2022 11:26 AM
Subject: [fenrir-screenreader] Re: No speech with fenrir on ubuntu 21.1
Looking at your debug file i see two separate issues
1. is the reason why speech is not working for you:
ERROR 2022-01-13 00:18:12.340337: speechDriver initialize:Can't open socket
using method unix_socket
Original error: [Errno 111] Connection refused
Additional error: Server refused to autospawn, stating this reason: b''
2. there seems to be an issue with input as well:
ERROR 2022-01-13 00:18:13.920011: Loading Driver inputDriver (evdevDriver)
FAILED:name 'UInput' is not defined
1. seems that speech-dispatcher is not configured properly for user root. It is
not able to spawn for some unknown reason. Try the following:
Login as root
follow the instructions on the screen and select the parameters for your setup.
2. what version of python3-evdev do you have installed? Seems its not detected
or installed properly, how did you installed it?
sudo pip3 install evdev
Am 13.01.2022 um 01:27 schrieb pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx
I have setup Fenrir and have also run the pulse audio configuration script.
I still have no speech on ubuntu 21.1.
I do hear the sound that signals that Fenrir has loaded.
Speech-dispatcher is working and I have tried the speech driver and the
default generic driver but that has not helped.
Orca works on the gui.
I am attaching a debug log.
I cannot see anything obvious.