[fenrir-screenreader] Re: No speech with fenrir on ubuntu 21.1

  • From: Linux A11y <chrys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fenrir-screenreader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 06:55:38 +0100

Howdy Pranav,

Looking at your debug file i see two separate issues
1. is the reason why speech is not working for you:
ERROR 2022-01-13 00:18:12.340337: speechDriver initialize:Can't open socket using method unix_socket
Original error: [Errno 111] Connection refused
Additional error: Server refused to autospawn, stating this reason: b''

2. there seems to be  an issue with input as well:ERROR 2022-01-13 00:18:13.920011: Loading Driver inputDriver (evdevDriver) FAILED:name 'UInput' is not defined

1. seems that speech-dispatcher is not configured properly for user root. It is not able to spawn for some unknown reason. Try the following:Login as rootspd-conffollow the instructions on the screen and select the parameters for your setup.https://www.systutorials.com/docs/linux/man/1-spd-conf/
2. what version of python3-evdev do you have installed? Seems its not detected or installed properly, how did you installed it?Try:sudo pip3 install evdev

Cheers chrys

Am 13.01.2022 um 01:27 schrieb pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx:

Hi all,

I have setup Fenrir and have also run the pulse audio configuration script.
I still have no speech on ubuntu 21.1.

I do hear the sound that signals that Fenrir has loaded.
Speech-dispatcher is working and I have tried the speech driver and the
default generic driver but that has not helped.

Orca works on the gui.

I am attaching a debug log.
I cannot see anything obvious.
Pranav

<<< text/html; charset=us-ascii: Unrecognized >>>