multimedia messaging in Outlook 2002 fails - media9?

  • From: "David V. Dellanno" <ddellanno@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 22:29:03 -0500

Hi everyone,
            I had multimedia messaging working on Exchange 2000 SP3,
XPpro and Outlook 2002.  I not definite but I'm the latest thing that
was upgraded was mediaplayer9 and was wondering if anyone has this
combination and working?  I am able to record a multimedia message but
unable to playback using the integrated html multimedia function play
button, I will get an error message as such:

        (Error Details -  windows Media Player cannot play the file
because the specified protocol is not supported.  In the Open URL
dialog, tyrp opening the file using a different transport protocol (for
example, "http:" or "rtsp:").

        Is there a hack for this?  I have exhausted my resources,
Technet, MS Kbase, Google, newsgroup search, any idears?

        The only workaround so far is to just right-mouse click the
attached asf file and click open....so the mediaplayer opens in another
window inwhich defeats the purpose of Microsoft Exchange Multimedia
Control

        Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Thanks,

        Dave

Confidentiality Notice:
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and