help request on database restore

  • From: "S.J. van Atteveldt" <bas@xxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 00:46:48 -0600

I was installing a Small Business Server and had the exchange server
configured. When I consequently tried to install a tapestreamer, my
installation crashed on a STOP error, even in safe mode. The only problem
with reinstalling is that during the setup of the exchange server a few
messages were downloaded from the mail stores and I would like to recover
those. I have the complete installation partition intact but am unable to
get to the messages on the 'dead' partition.
I tried disconnecting the datastore, copying the old files over the new
ones (while having 'allow overwrite due to restore' on), and reconnecting
the datastore. I get the message that the database files are inconsistent.
Is there some way around this? Or maybe some way to recover the message
(or only the senders...) from these database files?

Thanks very much for your help!

S.J. van Atteveldt