Re: file defragfatz.exe

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 20:26:45 -0500

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:20:40 +0700, Amos D. Galiardo <amdix@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> My OS is NT4 sp 6a, and exchange server 5.5 sp 4...i only update "Security
> Update for Windows NT Server 4.0 (KB835732)"
> what else patches that i should use?

Download, install, and run:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/mbsahome.mspx

> I used symantec norton antivirus and used the latest definition (10 january)

Scan all other computers on your network and make sure they have the
latest Microsoft security updates installed.

You have this virus because you do not have the latest Microsoft
security updates installed.

> yes, i think there's virus of w32.linkbot.a, but i've already scanned it,
> and it clean, but i think sometime it re-appear again whereas i've blocked
> that virus....
> so what should i do to resolve this :-(

Your anti-virus software is not sufficient.

1) Replace it. I recommend TrendMicro's products
2) Download and run: http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml. Look for
the virus starting up.
3) Download, install, and run MBSA (see first link provided)
4) Implement more secure passwords on your network, especially network
shares and administrative accounts.

This will be a good start.

...D