RE: [exchange list] RE: Exchange 2k newbie

  • From: "Lomker, Michael" <mlomker@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 13:18:06 -0500

> nope...haven't received any mail at home.
> nope...haven't created an MX record in DNS. Lemme try to do that

The registration needs to be at your ISP or wherever your external DNS is
hosted.  Modifying your local DNS won't help unless you have that IP listed as
the primary DNS for the domain.

> OK it may be little obvious that I'm not an Exchange guy. I
> have some other email programs that seem easier to configure

So far Exchange isn't your problem.  If your networking configuration is
incorrect then there aren't any e-mail programs that are going to provide
inbound e-mail to your home.  SMTP and DNS are not unique to the Microsoft
world, it comes from Unix.