email problems sending to subdomain

  • From: "mabo" <bogdan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 21:26:40 -0600

Hi, we have the main domain.com and the subdomain child.domain.com.
There is oen Exchange organization and the Exchange server is running in
the main domain for all users. The child.domain.com is in another site of
AD connected over high-bandwidth VPN, so there is no problem with the
connection. I installed another Exchange server in the child.domain.com,
then tried to move some mailboxes over to the server to keep them local
for the users. However those users cannot receive any email internally.
The can receive and send email to the Internet, and they can as well send
it out to other users in the same organization. I restarted and checked
Recipient policies, routing engine and smtp service. I tried also to
create RGC connectors or even smtp connectors. None of them helped. The
same is happening also with any new mailbox created in that subdomain.
The mail sent from domain.com to chil.domain.com is piled up in the queue
on the exchange in the main domain. What are requirements to let this
email flow between domain.com and child.domain.com? Please let me know
some your ideas if you had such experience.
Tkx