X2K Public folders permission problems

  • From: "Jack Spradling" <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 08:36:00 -0500

I migrated from Exchange 5.5 to X2K about 3 months ago. All of my public
folders  are  have a problem assigning permissions. If I do not change
"Default" to Owner, no one can be an owner. Also it seems what ever
"Default" is set at , i.e. "reviewer",  all users that have "reviewer"
access  granted to them with no way of changing it to something above
that level.   Is there a way to remove public folders and then
reinitialize the public folders ( rebuilding the security ) and then
importing the backup from PST? Help!!

Jack Spradling

Michael Angelo's Gourmet Foods

Austin, TX