RE: Upgrading Exch 5.5/Win2K Srv to 2003 versions

  • From: "Jeffrey Robillard" <jrobill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:20:00 -0400

outside of upgrading to a faster box so that mail is delivered before you sent
it the only wow factor to the end user is OWA.   outlook is outlook, regardless
of your backend.  However, OWA is much better in Exchange 2k and Exchange 5.x.

We had the same situation..  Proliant 1850 maxed out with 1gb of ram.   Thing
was a pig, locked up about every 3 days and when you sent a message in outlook
it could take 30 seconds before outlook would come back to life.

Our new Dell Poweredge  ($8000) cranks.    I can actually use the system
manager tools on the server now without it dying.. and whats a reboot?