RE: Upgrading Exch 5.5/Win2K Srv to 2003 versions

  • From: "Stephen Hartley" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:03:02 +1000

So the machine is at least 3 years old - how long does he really expect
it to last? If you get 3 years from a machine these days without it cost
you a lot of money, you are doing well.

1.      Turn the exchange server off for two hours a day. Tell him it is
unstable. Make sure it happens at times when he will have to pay you
overtime to get it running again. (learn to play solitaire for two hours
straight without getting caught!) Gee, some people wouldn't even pay
$2.50 for a decent cup of coffee!

or

2.      Look for a new job..

Stephen