Unable ot Bind to DNS

  • From: "Mike Hogenauer" <MHogenauer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:03:44 -0700

So here's one:

Windows 2003 ENT Servers, 3 Exchange 2003 SP1 servers in a single
routing group in 3 locations:

In the SMTP queues on my exchange server, there's a Queue called
"Companyname" not "companyname.com". This queue always fills up with a
few e-mails and eventually sends NDR's, besides that mail flow seems to
be working fine. When you highlight the queue the additional info below
says, "Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS"

Do I just need to add another MX record that point to mycompany and to
the Exchange server in question?

Confused....

Thanks in advance

Mike