[ExchangeList] Two sites - Outbound Internet email independent

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:56:03 -0400

AD SiteA - 192.168.1.0/24 - Exchange/Windows 2003
AD SiteB - 10.1.1.0/24 - Exchange/Windows 2003 part of SiteA AD and ORG

SiteB is new, and just promoted the single server as a DC GC and installed Exchange into SiteA org.

Inbound Internet email will be delivered to each respective site by an independently hosted SMTP proxy. Internal email should be routed between the two sites (they are connected via dedicated VPN tunnel). Outbound Internet email should be delivered from each respective site direct to the Internet. I.E. SiteA should not send SiteB's outbound Internet email; and vis versa.

I am trying to understand how to configure the Exchange routing/connectors to meet this requirement.

...D