Trust NT and Win2003

  • From: "Alysson Dias" <alysson@xxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:54:15 -0300

My Friends...

I have a here interesting situation to decide...

I have two domains in the network...  being that one of them is a PDC in
NT4 and Exchange5.5.

The other is a domain Win2003 and some sub-domain (child)....

I obtained to create one trust relation between the two domains, and of
this form I can change the Primary Account of e-mails the Exchange5.5,
of form that the users of the domain Win2003 can use its password of the
net to login in e-mail of the domain NT...

This trust in the domain Win2003 was as "external"...  Then I tried you
create one trust between the NT and the sub-domain of the Win2003...The
NT accepted, but it only accepted to create as "Realm" in the sub-domain
(This is currect?)...

In the hour to change the Primary Account of the account of email of the
NT for the sub-domain of the Win2003, it he arrives to see the users of
the sub-domain and I obtain adds it as Primary Account, but he gives an
error:

"No mapping between account names and security IDs was done"
Microsoft Windows NT
ID no: 0xc0020534

Then I obtain to make this between the domain NT and Win2003, but not I
obtain between the dominio NT and the subdominio of the Win2003.

it has some form to decide this?

Tks

Alysson Dias

Rio de Janeiro - Brazil