[ExchangeList] The folder can't be displayed. You don't have permission to perform this action. Error when access public folders

  • From: Phil Marcum <nusolmc03@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:24:35 -0400

The folder can't be displayed. You don't have permission to perform this action.

I'm running Exchange 2003 SP2 with Enterprise Vault 2007. The users are located in one city, Texas, while their public folder archives are located in another city, NC. A user located in texas logs into a system that doesn't have the EV client installed so he accesses email via OWA. After logging in he attempts to access his public folder and receives the error listed above. I log in as the same user to a local system located here in NC and get the same error. So to bypass a known issue with OWA i instruct the user to log into the public folders via http://server/public. The user gets the same error and so do I when attempting to log in as a user to a system in NC or texas. I see a reference to a hotfix which appears to be pretty old so I wanted to see if anyone has run across this issue and possibly has a solution to share.
Any responses appreciated.