RE: SoBIG

  • From: "Bob Jiantonio" <bobj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:39:48 -0400

In iHateSpam Server Edition we did this as custom rule to delete them at
SMTP:
It's a virus, and when stripped of its infected file it appears to be
spam, or might as well be.  What you do is what we have done here.  We
set up custom filtering rules based off of the subject line of each of
the different messages.  You can see the subjects at the following
Symantec article:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sobig.f@xxxxxxx

What we did was use the body for a property, like as an operator, each
of the subjects (omitting the Re:) and gave it a weight equal to our
delete threshold (or a little higher).

use "like" and not "=" as the operator, give it 6500 points as added
weight. Since default delete threshold is 6000, this will ensure they
are deleted at the server, not even get to your users.

Eval copy here:
http://www.sunbelt-software.com/product.cfm?id=931

If you do download and want me to support you as a techie, I will
support you, and answer any questions so add BOBJ EMAILED ME to the
Download form in notes / comments.

Bob
Sunbelt Software