RE: Share Public Folder

  • From: "Chris Nielsen" <cnielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 12:52:06 -0700

I'm sorry, I don't have specifics to be able to tell you, but here are the
things I think you need to have in place for this to work:

It appears your two Exchange servers are separate Exchange organizations. If
that's the case you'll need to set up whatever will let these organizations
have a trust relationship. Public Folders are best thought of as a pooled
resource, and once you grant a server access to that pool you can decide
which public folders are available to users with their mailbox on that
server.

Public folder replication will allow you to publish your desired folders to
the sub2 server. I'm not too sure what Public folder affinity does, but you
may want to make sure it doesn't cover what you're going for. Public folder
replication is pretty easy to set up once you get the right trust
relationships, though.

If I'm wrong in any of that hopefully someone will provide corrections.

Chris Nielsen

Systems Administrator

New Dawn Technologies