Renaming domain and exchange

  • From: "Adrian Bolzan" <adrianb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:19:29 +1100

Hi,

Our company has merged with another and the decision has been made to call
the new merged entity by a new name. This means that I will need to rename
our domain.

I have read through once a number of Domain Rename docs on MS's site,
including the one relating to the Exchange Server Domain Rename Fixup.

I will definitely have tested backups, as well as using Powerquests V2i
Protector, just in case.

There will not be any restructuring of the OU's, etc., rather it will be a
"simple" rename.

Does anyone have any recommendations or gotchas to watch out for?

Cheers,
Adrian