RE: Renaming domain and exchange

  • From: "Deshwal, Chand" <CDD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:53:19 +0530

Exchange should not be installed on DCs. If its installed on DC, still a
Domain Rename can occur, but you need to change Exchang AD objects
manually. Other thing to look at is Clients. You may face the problem of
unjoining and rejoining of all or most of clients, even 2000/XP. To
avoid this apply a new DNS Suffice. You can find exact procedure in the
doc.

Will you change Netbois name as well?

Otherwise, it goes smoothly.

Chand