RE: Redirecting OWA

  • From: "Aldridge, Frank" <Frank.Aldridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:06:37 +1200

Hi Thomas,

We have one Exchange Server on a MS Cluster called "Webmail" internally
and externally via a split DNS as recommended.  This was being accessed
via a hole poked through our Netscreen firewall directly to the Exchange
Server via Port 80 only.  I then installed an ISA 2004 server for
testing and created Webmail2 which has all the Certificates and points
at the same Exchange Server but to 443.  So the Webmail2 site is a
published exchange server and Webmail is a published Web Server.  I
would like any one typing in the address http://webmail.rdc.govt.nz to
be redirected to https://webmail2.rdc.govt.nz for FBA and then turn on
the "connect using SSL only" option on the Exchange server.  I know this
seems like a lazy way out but the high demands for OWA have narrowed the
maintenance windows quite considerably.

Thanks

Frank