Really need your advice!!

  • From: "Rory Grobler" <groblerr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:51:08 +0200

I need to set up a duplicate domain, so that I can recover my exchange server
on my test environment.  The problem I am having is even getting my active
directory GC server up.  I am restoring it to another make of server, something
a lot smaller.  It starts up and the DNS works.  But when I run the dcdiag.exe
util, it comes back with  lots of errors, including error 1355, and "the server
holding the PDC role is down".

I am getting desperate as I have tried 100 different techniques in re-building
my server.

Thanks
Rory

**Disclaimer**

This communication is privileged and confidential and any unauthorized access
is prohibited. The views or opinions expressed herein are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of OUTsurance
Insurance Company Limited or, its management. If you are not the intended
recipient of this mail then please delete this communication and notify the
sender accordingly.