RE: Outlook signatures

  • From: "Andrea Coppini" <andreacoppini@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:45:13 +0100

Be aware that the old version (v1.xx) doesn't support pics (ie. your
company logo).

The new v.2 supports them, but is still in beta.

A note about policy patrol:   While the interface is nice and simple and
really easy to configure, the software feels a bit flaky.  Nothing
major.  For example, to synchronize AD properties with Policy Patrol's,
it sets up an event in task scheduler to run a small utility to sync the
2 directories.  On our system, this utility never worked automatically,
and had to run it manually every so often.  Remote admin using the MMC
snap-in leaves some options out, but then so does Win2K's AD admin
tools.

We've also had some problems with it where it just stopped adding
disclaimers and wouldn't hear about adding them again.  At least it was
only a few admins which were using policy patrol, so we decided to
uninstall it and go back to outlook-added signatures.  We'll wait for a
release version of v2 before deploying.

my 2c