Re: Outlook installed on Exchange 2003 Server

  • From: Roop Sankar <roop.sank@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 07:34:56 +0530

Hi Mike,

Outlook and Exchange both have a file mapi32.dll, so when you install
Outlook on a box that is running Exchnage this dll gets overwritten
and can sometimes cause issue.
So uninstall only Outlook (as in your case) and then reapply SP1 for Exchange.

Though the article is not for E2K3 its reasoning does also apply to
other versions of exchange:

XGEN: Microsoft Does Not Recommend Installing Exchange Server 5.5 and
Outlook 2000 or Later on the Same Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313889

Regards,
Roop.