RE: Outlook connection with MAPI to front-end server

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 21:03:21 -0500

I'm a little unclear on your topology. Please elucidate.

Are you trying to connect to the front-end server from inside your firewall or
outside your firewall?

If your FE and BE servers are not segmented or filtered, you do not need to map
the ports.

Are you attempting to use RPC/HTTP? Or a direct MAPI connection?