Outlook connection problem

  • From: "William Holmes" <wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:59:32 -0500

Hello,

I have a really weird and annoying problem. I have a laptop which is a member
Different Windows Domain than is my Exchange Server.  I am running Outlook
2003 and I would like to connect to my exchange server. If I log into my
normal logon account on the laptop I can not sucessfully setup an Outlook
profile. If I log onto another account on the laptop I can setup a profile
and connect.

With my own account I start setting up the profile but during the check
username part it simply freezes up. Being patient I walked away from it for
an hour and still nothing.

As I say I can create a profile using another account on the laptop and I can
sucessfully connect. So I don't think it's a networking issue. It simply
hangs up when start outlook.  I've tried safe mode as well same deal.

Has anyone else seen this type of bahavior?  I would really like to use
outlook with my own user account.  BTW I can sucessfully connect with other
machines using my account so its specific to this laptop/user account.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bill

William Holmes (MCP)