Please have a look at the below, it can be any of the below issue.
1) Network connectivity issues
2) You might be blocked by Remote server
3) Try to telnet 25 to the remote server and see what the response you can see?
4) Do you use ISP Smart Host for delivering Emails or you got own SMTP server?
5) Finally Check the DNS. ( check FQDN is valid for SMTP Virtual server)
If the issue will not resolve please increase the Diagnosis logging for MSExchange Transport.
Thanks and Regards
From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Patrick
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 7:51 PM
Subject: [ExchangeList] NDR 4.4.7 Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified
Not quite sure why this is happening. But we can send emails to people ok, but we are having problems from a particular domain. Other domains can send to us ok.
When we send a mail to the domain it arrives ok, but users can not reply to our message. They keep getting the 4.4.7 NDR with message delayed and then timeout.
If anyone can point us in the right direction it would be helpful, cos a lot of steam and trouble is brewing over this.
Windows 2003 Domain, Exchange 2003 SP2. Mail Marshall for filtering.
Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.