Moving Exch 55 mailbox to Exch2003

  • From: "Mark Harrell" <mharrell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:57:48 -0600

When moving a mail file within Exchange 5.5, the server locks the file
until the move is completed. When moving the Exchange 5.5 mailbox to
Exchange 2003 is there anyway to keep the mail file from being locked?
While the mail file is locked, mail is getting bounced. We have some files
that are 2GB in size and it takes awhile to move them. We lose a lot of
mail.

I am wondering if there is a tool or a better way to do this. We can't
really hold all the company mail while we move mail files.