RE: Moving 5.5

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <psraj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:37:32 -0500

Alan,
I assume you are running a backup software that backs up your exchange ds
and IS online.
To move to teh new server, install the new server with NT 4.0 use teh same
server name as before.

Shutdown the old server. Do not remove it from the organization yet.
Install Exchange 5.5 using setup /r option.
Select create a new organization and site. Use the same org and site names
as before.
Once the install is over, run optimizer immediately to move the exchange
directories to same drives locations as the old server.
Once done, apply the service pack with update /r.
Once this is done, use your backup software to restore the DS and IS from
teh latest backup.
Once the restore is done, start the Exchange services.

Your DS may fail to start with event IDs 124 and 1196.

If this happens, delete the file edb.log from X:\exchsrvr\dsadata. Then run
c:\exchsrvr\bin\eseutil /g /v /x /ds

Once done you should reboot teh server, all exchange services should start
up.

Regards,

Raj