Messaging re-deploy

  • From: "Gen Sibbs" <gensib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:32:24 +0200

Hi

This might be off topic

An every close friend of mine, called me to assist translate his business needs with technological solution. A solution that can simplify his activities while allowing him to focus on your core business.

Currently environment plus Problems

Windows 2003 OS network:

1 x Computer posing as server housing windows 2003 active directory.
9 x users connecting to windows 2003 AD for authentication
Internet connection type Wireless
Messaging hosted by ISP ? mails are being delivered to the environment via POP3 straight to users computers.

Issues:

Internet and messaging?

He receives a lot off e-mails a day with attachments and to download those emails to his environment is painful slow for him.

Currently Internet connection is perceived very unstable

Requirements: He needs to sort out e-mails problems and internet urgently.

1. Considering hosting his mail server to increasing credibility with his customers.
2. internet - look at replacing wireless with ADSL

I am busy investigating a potential solution which will address this gentleman?s problems?and I have spent some time read on SBS2003. So that I can draft a proposal, to collect the e-mails from ISP to his in-house mail server and distribute to users.

Looking at the above network, will I be selling this guy down the river if I go for SBS2003 as the potential solution ? this might be the all-in-one solution his small business is looking for, also from the secure point of view becoz of built-in ISA firewall.

Your help is highly appreciated

gen

Find a job, book a flight, search for a car - visit MSN South Africa! http://www.msn.co.za/