Messaging re-deploy

  • From: "Gen Sibbs" <gensib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:08:58 +0200

Thanks Michael,

This guy doesn't have any defined needs for the his bandwidth...currently wireless is running at speed of 512KB.

As for email - these folks are a good size for hosted Exchange. I recommend you take a look at it for them.

ISP hosting his MX record, is not using exchange there are using other mail system.

Looking at the above network, will I be selling this guy down the river
if I go for SBS2003 as the potential solution - this might be the
all-in-one solution his small business is looking for, also from the
secure point of view becoz of built-in ISA firewall.

any good news here???

Thank you

Obligatory Disclaimer: I am a hosted Exchange provider.

As for network, you need to find something that gives him reliable service and meets his bandwidth needs. In some locations, wireless can do that. In others, it can't. I know some nine-computer offices that use DSL 512/128. I know other nine-computer offices that require multiple T-1's. You haven't defined those needs for us.

As for email - these folks are a good size for hosted Exchange. I recommend you take a look at it for them. And cached mode Outlook 2003 (on Windows XP) can significantly alleviate the perceived pain associated with downloading large attachments over a small pipe - since it all happens in the background.

Michael
http://WeDoExchange.com