RE: MSExchange.org - Real-Time Article Update

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:22:06 -0500

Hi Kenny,

No no no no no! That is not true at all. That is a traditional approach
to firewalls. Firewalls now have to work at layer 7 and go beyond the
stateful packet filtering solutions we used in the past. I like ISA
Server 2000 because it was designed with Exchange in mind, and has a lot
of features aimed directly at the Exchange Server owner who wants to
make Exchange 2000 services available to external network users.  If you
aren't publishing or hosting Exchange services, then ISA Server doesn't
nessarily provide that much more functionality than any other firewall,
since you're only interested in outbound access control.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder