[ExchangeList] How do you handle external contacts

  • From: "Taylor, George" <GTaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:12:07 -0600

Hello All,

We're looking at a policy/procedure change right now and I'm curious how
others manage external contacts.  Until recently all of our external
contacts where in place so they could be part of a distribution list.
They would be named "Hidden-last, first" and obviously be hidden from
the address list.  That's recently been shoke up in administration and
we need a new way to handle them.  Basically if that external user
replies to an email they are not seen as user@xxxxxxxxx, but seen as
Hidden-last, first, doesn't go over so well.  We're struggling with how
to name them and wether or not to hide them.  We manage approx. 200 -
250 external contacts.

Thanks,

George Taylor
Systems Programmer
Regional Health Inc.

***Note: The information contained in this message, including any attachments,
may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader
in error, please notify the Sender immediately by a "reply to sender only"
message and destroy all electronic or paper copies of the communication,
including any attachments.